Solved: I have to add the name & account number for the transactions I have posted on the schedule D form 1099-B & I can't get to the proper place.

I have to add the name & account number for the transactions I have posted on the schedule D form 1099-B & I can't get to the proper place.

If you go back to the "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other" interview you do have a chance to add that information.  But if you're satisfied that you've entered your trades correctly then there's really no reason to go back and change anything.   That "Broker Name" and "Account Number" are entirely there for your own convenience, such that if you have lots of trades using lots of different brokers and many accounts you can easily go back and find a specific trade.  NOWHERE in the actual income tax return itself is there any mention of the broker or the account.  All the IRS sees is a list of trades, trades that might have been handled by any broker in the nation.

Tom Young

Tom Young