turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chrisng23

Does anyone else have a blank EULA screen on mac when opening the software?

When I first run the Mac OS X TurboTax software, I get what I assume to be the end user license agreement screen, but it is blank and all that it says is "I decline" or "I agree." Has anyone else had this problem? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes.  That seems to be a Mac Mojave (OSX 10.14) issue and TurboTax will address it in a future update.   If you install from a CD then the update cannot fix the initial install since it is on the burned on the CD that way.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

53 Replies

Yes.  That seems to be a Mac Mojave (OSX 10.14) issue and TurboTax will address it in a future update.   If you install from a CD then the update cannot fix the initial install since it is on the burned on the CD that way.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
chrisng23

Thanks for the info macuser_22 - did you hear that it was a bug from someone at turbotax/intuit?

It is being investigated.

It is probably a low priority at this time of year with tax season just starting and many forms and other more critical issues that need attention.   
chrisng23

Thanks. It seems from your information this bug is still *currently* in the download version as well? I have the CD version now but could purchase the Download version (and return the CD) if it was fixed in that! Thanks again for the info.
chrisng23

For anyone still with this problem, I just downloaded version 2018.r13.036 directly from the TurboTax website and the EULA now shows up correctly. Thanks for the info and help with this Macuser_22

AFAIK this is a Mac OSX 10.14 issue only and may well be in incompatibility with the Apple OS to display that pop-up.  The last feedback I saw was that they could not reproduce it.  I reported it again, but since I have only seen a total of 3 reports of it in the last 3 months, I don't think it will be high on the bug list.

(I don't run 10.14 due to other comparability issues, but I have 10.14.2 on a separate partition and the last time I booted into it, I could display that screen without any problems.)

OK thanks for the feedback - I guess they did fix it in the download...

I am running 10.14.2 and have the same problem.  I just tried to install from the CD.  I guess I have two options; either pay for the download, or click on "agree" on the blank screen and hope for the best.  I hope there aren't any other problems.  Though, I guess they would be fixed in updates.

I am running 10.14.2 and have the same problem.  I just tried to install from the CD.  I guess I have two options; either pay for the download, or click on "agree" on the blank screen and hope for the best.  I hope there aren't any other problems.  Though, I guess they would be fixed in updates.

Unfortunately there is no way for TurboTax to update a  plastic CD once it has been pressed.   The software in the CD will be updated as soon as it is installed and opened.  The first update will fix the problem.  If you purchase a download instead of a CD then the correction is there.
nasbatoy

I have the same issue and I'm running Mojave 10.14.3

@nasbatoy - Have you updated?   Top menu bar -> TurboTax -> check for updates.

I was unable to open the download of the software on a brand new macbook pro running mojave 10.14.3.  Went through several hours of support with turbotax to no avail.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies