zrrutledge

I have tax write offs for real estate but do not wish to upgrade the $114 additional dollars to the self employed package. When did that [removed] policy start?

Please advise if I can enter in tax deductions related to real estate without having to again upgrade this service. If our statement included real estate last year, why wouldn't that requirement be shown up front? It's a pretty shady policy to continue to suggest (in this case require) your customers to upgrade continually after you have clearly let them invest the time into your product that prevents from utilizing a different service.
samanthajcost

This is a poor pricing strategy on Turbotax's part. You are correct, its shady of them to let you get so far before telling you you have to pay such a hefty price! You can go through another online tax service provider and save a ton of money. After investing hours on TurboTax only to find out I'd be charged an ADDITIONAL $114 to claim standard gas deduction for Uber, I went through H&R Block. It was much easier to navigate, and after a coupon, it only cost $54.99 WITH Schedule C support included. I hope this helps!!