Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bruck

I have RET and S125 on Box 14 of my W2. What Category would this be assigned to?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I have RET and S125 on Box 14 of my W2. What Category would this be assigned to?

S125 refers to a Section 125 plan which describes payroll deductions for some employee benefit. RET probably describes a contribution to a retirement plan.

Depending on what these items are for, they perhaps should have been reported differently and in box 12. However, only your employer knows what these items are referring to.

Ask your employer what these items are. If the RET is a retirement contribution and it's already been removed from Wages in Box 1 of your W-2, then it's been treated correctly, and you can just chose the Category of Other.

If the S125 is an employee benefit that has also already been removed from Wages in box 1, then again, just choose a category of Other.

If this does not equal what your employer tells you, come back and tell us what they said and how the amounts were treated on your W-2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bruck

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have found out they both have been subtracted. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies