Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have not received my federal tax return. It said it was rejected by my bank and they would mail it. But it has been over 3 months and still no sign of it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have not received my federal tax return. It said it was rejected by my bank and they would mail it. But it has been over 3 months and still no sign of it?

not sure what happened but if the bank rejects the deposit, the money is supposed to be sent back to the IRS to issue you a paper check. contact the iRS

1. Call 1-800-829-1040 between the hours of 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM local time.
  2. Select your language.
  3. Press 2 for answers about your personal income taxes
  4. Press 1 for questions about forms, tax history, etc.
  5. Press 3 for all other questions
  6. Press 2 for all other questions
  7. Do not input your Social Security Number when the recording tells you to. It will ask twice
  8. Press 2 for personal- or individual-tax related question
  9. Press 3 for all other inquiries
  10. Wait to be connected to someone at the IRS.

Did you choose to pay your TurboTax fees by having the fees deducted from your federal refund?   If so, the "rejected" refund was sent back to the third party bank that handles refund processing.

If you chose to have your fees deducted from your federal refund, but entered wrong or closed bank account information for your direct deposit, you are going to have an aggravating, frustrating situation.  Your refund will go back to the third party bank. The third party bank might issue and mail you a check, or they might send your refund back to the IRS and then you will have to wait for the IRS to mail you a check.

If the third party bank mails the check, it will come in a plain envelope via first class mail so make sure you open all mail and do not assume anything is junk mail without opening it.  While you are waiting, make sure that the address you entered on your tax return is correct, or your problem will be even worse.

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

When you choose “refund processing” your refund goes FIRST  from the IRS to the third party bank.  Then the bank takes your fees out of your refund and sends the rest of the refund to you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Who is "it" that said it was rejected and would be mailed?  The IRS?  What does you Turbo Tax account say?  Was it maybe your efile that rejected?  How do you know the bank rejected it?  

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies