b-wilmeth

I have insurance from my employer. So do i need this 1095-A? And if so how do i get it?

BillM223

No, you probably do not need the 1095-A.

The 1095-A is the form sent to taxpayers who bought health insurance from the Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).

Since you have health insurance from your employer, you probably received a 1095-C and should not get a 1095-A.

If you received a 1095-C, you do not enter in TurboTax; just put it in the tax file.

b-wilmeth

Thank you for your reply!!!

MaryM428

You will only need a 1095-A if you purchased your health insurance through the Marketplace. The Marketplace insurance company will send it.

When the employer provides the health insurance, they issue a 1095-C.

The 1095-C does not get entered into your tax return.  You do need to save it with your other tax records for the year/