Solved: I have income from a 1099-misc that is in block 1 (rents). The program does not give me an option to enter income in that block. what do I do?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have income from a 1099-misc that is in block 1 (rents). The program does not give me an option to enter income in that block. what do I do?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 13

I have income from a 1099-misc that is in block 1 (rents). The program does not give me an option to enter income in that block. what do I do?

Did you go to Federal->Wages & Income->Less Common Income->Form 1099-MISC? There is a box 1 here for rents.

However, you may have gone to the first "1099-MISC" that you saw under the Self-employment heading. No, as you noticed, that data entry screen doesn't have a box 1. Delete what you have entered in Self-employment, and go to the Less Common Income subheading.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 13

Did you go to Federal->Wages & Income->Less Common Income->Form 1099-MISC? There is a box 1 here for rents.

However, you may have gone to the first "1099-MISC" that you saw under the Self-employment heading. No, as you noticed, that data entry screen doesn't have a box 1. Delete what you have entered in Self-employment, and go to the Less Common Income subheading.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings