Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have in my desktop TurboTax DeLuxe of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 7 2022 all of them purchased in Staples without any problem whatsoever.

I've bought {as usually -above mentioned-}, 2023 and thouht it gave me an installation errors 
"can't find MSVCP140.dll nor VCRUNTIME140.dll", thus I have returned to the store as a defective disk, thus Staples has sent me a new one licensed MC3M-5NS7-32MP-ZM6J and I am unable to proceed with Setup nor Installation
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I have in my desktop TurboTax DeLuxe of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 7 2022 all of them purchased in Staples without any problem whatsoever.

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had the same issue on a Windows 11 destop computer so I googled the issue and the solution was as follows

The two DLL files, MSVCP140. dll and VCRUNTIME140. dll, are both parts of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package that's available to download on Microsoft's website. You can simply reinstall the whole package, along with the said DLL files, to resolve the missing MSVCP140

It only took a minute for windows to install the files and no restart was needed
These are normal windows DLL files that I already had on my previous computer

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies