I have filed my federal taxes and paid. I won mone...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have filed my federal taxes and paid. I won money in la and now when i submit la state, turbotax wants to subtract federal from state.how to submit state only

2 Replies
Level 15

I have filed my federal taxes and paid. I won money in la and now when i submit la state, turbotax wants to subtract federal from state.how to submit state only

There is no way to pay the fed balance due with the state refund ... what you are looking at is just basic info for you showing the net result of the state refund and the federal balance due. Ignore that and in the FILE tab choose to only efile the state if the fed was successfully efiled already.
Level 15

Or is it asking you go pay the Turbo Tax fees for federal?  Did you use Turbo Tax for Federal?  Are you in the same account?  Maybe you had to upgrade? 

How to see your fees

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online/0...

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings