turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

janebird

My efile failed. needed an update, updated. Still fails. Still needs update, but no update. It says you've had a technical hiccup. When will you fix it?

I did the update but the e-file still fails.  Validation failed because of needed update. There is no update. What is your technical hiccup? I already paid for state e-file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My efile failed. needed an update, updated. Still fails. Still needs update, but no update. It says you've had a technical hiccup. When will you fix it?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6717018

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

97 Replies
crocket

I’ve been getting the same error for more than a week now.  I’ve forced an update by holding the option key down when checking for updates but the end result is still the same.  TurboTax phone support had no answers but had the gall to send me an e-mail the afternoon after I called advising that the support ticket had been closed as “resolved”.  I replied that it was NOT resolved but got no response.  I’ve been using this product since 2009 but never again if they don’t get this fixed soon!
janebird

My problem was user error on my part. I downloaded the update, but didn't install it. Once I exited and installed the update I was able to e-file.

3/17/2018

I'm having the same problem on Turbotax for Mac. Won't verify the file for e-filing. All updates have been downloaded and installed. Intuit needs to send an advisory to customers who are affected. I wasted a lot of time today and so did the customer support expert trying to identify the problem. I found this post after we hung up. Hopefully Intuit will fix soon!

This also might be a corrupted file.

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install.  That will not delete or change any .tax2017 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled.  If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/...>
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I have the same problem on MAC desktop.
janebird

Did the update really get installed? Exit from Turbotax and reopen it. The update should install automatically.
SKI_67

I just spent 2 plus hours on the phone to try and resolve this problem; did re-installs of TurboTax and even checked to ensure my Mac OS was up to date. NOTHING is making the problem go away. If I have to mail my return, I will looking for a refund of the $$$ spent on TurboTax Premier. An error message (update needed) that is in error is worthless to help resolve the problem.
GabiU
Level 15

@SKI_67 are you getting a "technical hiccup" message?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SKI_67

Mine says I need to update my s/w plus the technical message all rolled into one worthless error message :(
GabiU
Level 15

Thank you for the information.

If you have the time, it would help us out if you could create a sanitized file for us to do some testing with. Here's how you can produce a token number:
1. Open up TurboTax 2017
2. Click Online or Help on the top menu
3. Click Send Tax File to Agent
4. Click Send. This will generate a token number, please post here.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SKI_67

I have been working with same error for two days now.  Have uninstalled application and reinstalled it and still get exact same 'hiccup' error. I also got the infuriating medial saying my support incident was closed as resolved.  [Removed]

I will also be requesting refund for Deluxe if Turbotax can't resolve the eFile error.  I didn't purchase Turbotax to file by mail.
SKI_67

So any progress? I am amazed that this problem is still "unresolved" - how about an update? Who is the POC at Intuit for refunds? If I have to mail my return, I will be a VERY UNHAPPY CAMPER.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies