lianahq

I have been unemployed since last March (2020). I have not taken Unemployment though. How do I describe this situation when I file the W2 I got?

Got a W2 from a place I worked from November 2019 - March 2020.  I worked at two other places for less than three weeks in October 2019 but have not gotten W2's from them.  I did not accept any Unemployment or help from CARES while being unemployed.  How do I describe this situation in my forms?  What should I expect when I file this year?
HelenC12

You don't have to explain that you did not get unemployment benefits. You're not required to accept unemployment benefits.

As for 2019, you may need to file a tax return if you are required to file.  If you haven't gotten W-2's from the other two jobs, you could get an IRS transcript which shows all the W-2's that employers sent you. . You could use copies of those to file,

Contact your previous employers and request copies of your W-2s. If you can't get them, you'll be able to create substitute W-2's.

If you got paid with cash or checks or were self-employed, enter the income earned. See How do I report income from self-employment?

For 2020, you may need to file a tax return if you are required to file. See Do I need to file a federal return this year?

If you are not required to file a tax return but want to receive the stimulus payments, you'll need to file a tax return. See How do I claim the Recovery Rebate Credit?

lianahq

As for 2019, you may need to file a tax return if you are required to file.

This is a thing I want to clarify.  Would I still need to request the W2's from them even though I did not work for them in 2020?

If you haven't gotten W-2's from the other two jobs, you could get an IRS transcript which shows all the W-2's that employers sent you. . You could use copies of those to file,

I'm not totally sure what you mean by this.  Do you mean look for the wages I was paid when I got my W4 from them and present them when I file this year?

gloriah5200

Any W-2s or tax reporting documents that show 2019 will be filed on a 2019 individual income tax return, not the 2020 individual income tax return.

The wages you earned while working in 2020 should be reported on a 2020 Form W-2 to be included in your 2020 individual income tax return along with any other income received during 2020..