Or, if I misunderstood your question, please give additional details.
Failing that, you would file your tax return and pay the amount owed. The IRS might make one extra monthly auto withdrawal before they catch up, but they will eventually return it to you. The IRS will also adjust the final amount owed for interest and late fees.
To enter, change or delete a payment made with an extension request (or payments after that) (Federal, State, Local) -
· Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
· Click on Deductions and Credits
· Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
· Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
· On Other Income Taxes, click on the start or update button
On the next screen select the type of extension payment made and click on the start or update button
The federal extension payment will be shown on Form 1040 Line 70
Or enter federal extension payment in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to federal extension payment