clo3

I have an old Turbotax return store on floppy disk as .tax file. How can I open it on Windows 10?

It was for a 2002 return for which I no longer have the original Turbotax diskette

Since you cannot get or install a 2002 program any longer the .tax file cannot be read.  If you didn't keep a PDF of the return then you can pay for a company to convert it to a PDF for a fee (and a risk).  What could you possibly need from a return that old ? 

clo3

I need to file a state return for that year that I had missed, Does Intuir.Turbotax have any utilities that I can use to convert the .tax file to say pdf?

A state ?    Are they really asking for a return that old ?  

If you have old .tax files you can try converting them to pdf files at  Www.Taxprinter.Com 

They are not connected with Turbo Tax.  Use it at your own risk.