Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ac120374

I have already filed my taxes and got a refund. At the time of my filing, the NYC-1127 wasn't available for filing. Now it is available, how do i generate and file it?

for form is for Nonresident Employees of the City of New York
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

I have already filed my taxes and got a refund. At the time of my filing, the NYC-1127 wasn't available for filing. Now it is available, how do i generate and file it?

Form 1127 isn't e-filed with your return, it gets printed and mailed.  Here's the steps to complete your NY-1127:

• To get back into your return, sign in to your account. 
  • At the Welcome Home screen, choose Visit My Tax Timeline .
  • Under Some Things You Can Do, at the bottom of the screen, Choose Add a State (you aren't really adding a State, but you will be able to access your return).
  • Go to State Taxes, then on your NY state return choose Edit. 
  • Then choose Go Over NY Again. Go through the interview, and don't change anything until you reach the page Take a look at New York City credits and taxes .
  • Scroll down to New York City Employment Taxes and choose to  start NYC Nonresident Employees Tax (NYC-1127)  
  • Proceed with the interview until you reach the screen Print and File Form NYC-1127. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ac120374

thank you for your reply, 

When I follow the steps described, I don’t see the New York City Employment Taxes on take a look at Take a look at New York City credits and taxes page. Here is what I see:

Capture.1PNG.png

Capture.2PNG.png

I have clicked on each of these boxes and couldn’t locate the NYC 1127 form.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Possibly the tax calculated on NYC-1127 does not apply to you.  My topic list definitely includes that item.  You could go through New York interview again.   

"Under Section 1127 of the City Charter, if you are a City employee who lives outside the City and you were hired after January 4, 1973, as a condition of employment you agreed to pay to the City an amount equal to a City personal income tax on residents, computed and determined as if you were a resident of the City.

Section 1127 of the New York City Charter does not apply to you if you work for the Department of Education, City University of New York, District Attorneys' Offices, or New York City Housing Authority. Also, it does not apply if you are a NYC Housing Authority or Transit Police transferred into the New York Police Department.

For more information, check the NYC government's FAQs online."

Here's more info on Form NYC-1127, including a portal for paying online directly to nyc.gov.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies