turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have already done my fedral tax with credit karma. Can I use turbo tax for just my state tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have already done my fedral tax with credit karma. Can I use turbo tax for just my state tax?

Not really.  If you didn't use Turbo Tax to do your federal return, you would first have to fill out a federal return (don't file it) to match the real return you did file and you would have to pay for federal for it to flow into the state return.  Then you would have to mail the state.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580110-can-i-prepare-and-file-just-my-state-return-using-turbotax  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Not really.  If you didn't use Turbo Tax to do your federal return, you would first have to fill out a federal return (don't file it) to match the real return you did file and you would have to pay for federal for it to flow into the state return.  Then you would have to mail the state.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580110-can-i-prepare-and-file-just-my-state-return-using-turbotax  
hunchback33-
Returning Member

You may want to proceed with caution regarding Credit Karma.  Credit Karma customer services refuses to deactivate fraudulent accounts.  As Intuit intends to acquire Credit Karma, it would be helpful to know how Intuit will ensure confidential information is not shared and address these fraud and privacy issues as Credit Karma refuses to deactivate fraudulent accounts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies