Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

clmcons

I have already bought and received the 2016 CD. Now how do I download to the computer?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I have already bought and received the 2016 CD. Now how do I download to the computer?

Do you not have a CD/DVD drive on your computer to insert the disc into?
clmcons

Yes I have a CD/DVD drive and the CD is inserted into the drive.  But does not download!

Are you saying nothing happens when you insert the CD into the drive?

You need to install the software on your computer, if you are using Windows 10, see the following

Nothing happens when I insert the CD on Windows 10
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4848970
-----------------------
You CD setup should start automatically. When it doesn't:

- Hold down the Windows+R keys to open the Run window.
- Click Browse, and then navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually Drive D).
- Double-click the setup.exe file.
- Click OK to launch the installer.
MILLeny50

yes

MILLeny50

inserted cd in drive D light comes cn  nothing happens

Carl
Level 15

Your post says Turbotax 2016 (twenty sixteen). TurboTax only supports their software for the current tax filing year and 3 years back. TurboTax 2016 hasn't been supported or available from TurboTax for 2 years now. Even if you do have the CD and manage to install it, the required critical updates and corrections are no longer available. So depending on the complexity of your return, chances are it will not be correct.

TO install from a CD with no CD drive, you have to use a computer that does have a CD drive. Then copy the contents of the CD to a USB flash drive and install on your computer from the USB flash drive.

@Carl   I think the post you were responding to (that was posted now in 2022) has been moved to a new post here.  Did a Mod move it?  Never saw that happen before.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-do-you-not-have-a-cd-dvd-drive-on-your-compute... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies