jmaricle729

I have a student loan that went in default, last yr I set up a payment plan based on my income& family size& have made payments since. Will my return still be offset?

My student loan went into default a few years ago, causing my returns to be offset. Over a year ago I set up a repayment plan that is based on my income and family size, with the collection agency. I have been making monthly payments since. Will my refund still be offset?
WillK

It shouldn't be if you are not considered in default by the collection agency. There is a chance though that they will take it to apply towards the debt. You can check to see if you have any pending offsets here:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4143297