mystyfsn1

I have a question about the Corona stimulus checks. If I owe taxes on 2019 taxes that I filed, but 2018 I got a refund , will IRS pull info DD info from 2018 I filed?

bluedeb

No, the IRS will only use information from a 2018 return if you have not filed a 2019 return.  For anyone who has already filed their for the 2019 tax year, there’s no turning back — the Internal Revenue Service will use your most recent tax return to calculate your stimulus check amount.

The IRS is going to setup a portal around April 17th, to allow taxpayers to enter their banking information.  You would have to keep checking the IRS website for information.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

bluedeb

mystyfsn1

The amount is about the same in the 2019 vs 2018, so I'm not concerned about that since I still qualify.  My question is since my 2019 return I filed did not have a place for Direct deposit info since I owed taxes, I did not provide that info. However, in my 2018 I did provide that info since I had a refund.  So for direct deposit info, even though I did not provide it in 2019 due to owing taxes, they will not pull that banking info off of my 2018 refund where it was?