Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mystyfsn1

I have a question about the Corona stimulus checks. If I owe taxes on 2019 taxes that I filed, but 2018 I got a refund , will IRS pull info DD info from 2018 I filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a question about the Corona stimulus checks. If I owe taxes on 2019 taxes that I filed, but 2018 I got a refund , will IRS pull info DD info from 2018 I filed?

No, the IRS will only use information from a 2018 return if you have not filed a 2019 return.  For anyone who has already filed their for the 2019 tax year, there’s no turning back — the Internal Revenue Service will use your most recent tax return to calculate your stimulus check amount.

The IRS is going to setup a portal around April 17th, to allow taxpayers to enter their banking information.  You would have to keep checking the IRS website for information.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No, the IRS will only use information from a 2018 return if you have not filed a 2019 return.  For anyone who has already filed their for the 2019 tax year, there’s no turning back — the Internal Revenue Service will use your most recent tax return to calculate your stimulus check amount.

The IRS is going to setup a portal around April 17th, to allow taxpayers to enter their banking information.  You would have to keep checking the IRS website for information.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

mystyfsn1

The amount is about the same in the 2019 vs 2018, so I'm not concerned about that since I still qualify.  My question is since my 2019 return I filed did not have a place for Direct deposit info since I owed taxes, I did not provide that info. However, in my 2018 I did provide that info since I had a refund.  So for direct deposit info, even though I did not provide it in 2019 due to owing taxes, they will not pull that banking info off of my 2018 refund where it was? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies