jamaldonado0401

I have a hearing loss and have purchased hearing aids. If I purchase a phone adapter for work to pair with my hearing aids can i deduct the costs?

The phone adapter would be an itemized medical expense deduction if you were not reimbursed for the cost of the adapter.

BMcCalpin

DoninGA's answer is correct, but I will note that if, in the off chance that you have a High Deductible Health Policy (HDHP) paired with an HSA, then you can pay for the phone adaptor with funds from your HSA. This is a better solution for most taxpayers who have an HDHP policy than trying to deduct this expense on Schedule A.