carolw

I have a form 1095-B and 1095-C. They both show me as covered all 12 months but I never used the 1095-B Health Coverage (VEBA). Does it need to be reported?

MargaretL

No, it does not need to be reported. Form 1095-B or 1095-C  is not reported on your tax return. Both forms are receipts from private insurers or employers confirming you had health coverage. Keep them for your records.

When going through the Health Insurance section, all you have to do is indicate that you have health insurance coverage all year (if applicable) and that you were not enrolled in other plans (such us Obamacare of Healthcare.gov plan).

MargaretL

carolw

Does it matter that both forms say I was covered all year even though I only used the HSA?
MargaretL

No, it does not matter. You are required to have an all year coverage and you are covered; regardless if you use it or not.
msja22years

MargaretL, Thank you for this post.  It is very helpful!