turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sydmay16

I have a 1099-G corrected and not corrected for 2016, do I report both? If so, where in the process do I report it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM

I have a 1099-G corrected and not corrected for 2016, do I report both? If so, where in the process do I report it?

Assuming they're for the same type of income, then you'll enter the corrected version only.  That one supersedes the original.

To enter it, click on the Federal Taxes tab, then select Wages & Income.

Since Form 1099-G is used for different types of payments made to you, you'll scroll down to the section which applies.  Use the Unemployment section if your 1099-G was for unemployment compensation.  Otherwise, you'll enter your information in the section marked Other Common Income.

In this section, you'll enter your 1099-G information in one of two areas:  Refunds received for State/Local Tax Returns, or Other 1099-G Income, again depending on what the 1099-G applies to.  If you click on Other 1099-G Income, TurboTax will show you a list of potential choices.  Then follow the prompts to enter the information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasM

Assuming they're for the same type of income, then you'll enter the corrected version only.  That one supersedes the original.

To enter it, click on the Federal Taxes tab, then select Wages & Income.

Since Form 1099-G is used for different types of payments made to you, you'll scroll down to the section which applies.  Use the Unemployment section if your 1099-G was for unemployment compensation.  Otherwise, you'll enter your information in the section marked Other Common Income.

In this section, you'll enter your 1099-G information in one of two areas:  Refunds received for State/Local Tax Returns, or Other 1099-G Income, again depending on what the 1099-G applies to.  If you click on Other 1099-G Income, TurboTax will show you a list of potential choices.  Then follow the prompts to enter the information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies