turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TaxCTH2018
Returning Member

I have 3 Turbotax (downloaded) purchases and files my 2018,19, 20 taxes on TTax...but cant seem to get them all connected?..

i opened 2020 version and tried to import and /or transfer from 2018 and 2019 into 2020 with no luck..(shows ttx files as greyed out)..help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I have 3 Turbotax (downloaded) purchases and files my 2018,19, 20 taxes on TTax...but cant seem to get them all connected?..

Are you on Windows or Mac?  For Windows......

Do you have the file ending in .tax2019?  Is your 2019 program closed?  Maybe the .tax2019 file is still open.   Then reboot your computer.  Did you get 2018 transferred into 2019 ok?  

If you don't have the main .tax file you might have one that starts with a Tilde sign ~ like "~your name.tax2019". That file is if your computer crashes or your real file gets lost or deleted or corrupt so you can restore it.

Find your Tax file in Windows
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/find-your-tax-data-file-tax-file-in-windows/00/...

Here's an idea. Do you still have 2019 installed? Try opening 2019 program and see if you can get your 2019 return to show up in it. Go to FILE - OPEN. And see if that is the right one.

In the 2019 program do a File-Save AS and give it a easy name you can find or search for. And note where it saves it or select where to save it so you can find it again. The file will end in .tax2019. Then close the 2019 program. Then start a new 2020 return and transfer from the 2019 file.

Are you on Windows 10? That can move files to different spots like to One Drive. Or to Drop Box. Could it be under a different user on your computer?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies