I have 1099-MISC income paid to a green card holder who works for an international organization and is therefore exempt from self employment tax. How do I report this?

My wife is a green card holder and worked for an international organization in 2018. She received a 1099-MISC form. According to the IRS, she does pay taxes on her wages, but is exempt from paying self-employment tax on this income (see: "Green Card Holders (Lawful Permanent Resident)" https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/employees-of-a-foreign-government-or-interna... )

I can't see how to handle this through Turbo Tax's online software and the phone bank guy I talked to had zero ideas. Help!

I would suggest that you enter the 1099MISC as Miscellaneous income in TurboTax:

To enter the income:

1. Click on Federal on the left hand side of the screen in the black area
  2. Click on Wages & Income at the top of your screen
  3. Scroll down (  you may need to click on All Income) to Less Common Income
  4. Click on Show More
  5. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Income
  6. Click on Start
  7. Scroll down to Other reportable income and click Start
  8. Enter a description and income amount

When I do this, it says "Do NOT enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC"