Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get rid of form UE? I am not using Turbo Tax Online so the only answer available does not help.

I've finished and tried to file and now it insists I fill out stuff for employer on form UE.  I guess this is a PA form.  We have not employer info, no expenses so don't know why it is asking this.  How do I delete it or whatever so I can file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I get rid of form UE? I am not using Turbo Tax Online so the only answer available does not help.

Switch to Forms Mode in your desktop software (should be an icon that says Forms).  Scroll down through the forms on the left-hand side until you get to the PA section.  Find Schedule UE in the list and click on it.  Review the form to make sure that there is nothing on there that didn't get accidentally entered somewhere.  After you click on the form, you should see an option to Delete a Form at the bottom.  Delete the form and this should remove it from your return.  

If the form pops back up, then that means something was entered - likely in the Federal Deductions and Credits - Job Related Expenses section.  Maybe a blank form was created there and you may also need to delete Form 2106.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Switch to Forms Mode in your desktop software (should be an icon that says Forms).  Scroll down through the forms on the left-hand side until you get to the PA section.  Find Schedule UE in the list and click on it.  Review the form to make sure that there is nothing on there that didn't get accidentally entered somewhere.  After you click on the form, you should see an option to Delete a Form at the bottom.  Delete the form and this should remove it from your return.  

If the form pops back up, then that means something was entered - likely in the Federal Deductions and Credits - Job Related Expenses section.  Maybe a blank form was created there and you may also need to delete Form 2106.

I had to do it 3 times but it finally worked.  Even after I deleted 2106, it still popped up again, even though neither form was now listed (but when I clicked "forms" UE was there.  Third time was finally a charm.  Thanks!  I'm saving a note for next year!

Thanks. You saved much frustration. Appreciate it. (Worked first time, exactly as you described—except that the "delete form" checkbox is at the top of the UE form in this year's version.

Pr_Tom
Returning Member

Thanks! That did it for me. For a few years now I've been deleting form UE in PA taxes. This is the first time I also had to delete the Federal form 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies