I had registered my taxes somehow and I don't know what it means or how that happened

RandyU

If you use the free edition, you need to register rather than pay a fee.  Per https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4421401-what-does-it-mean-to-register-with-turbotax-free-online

"Registering your TurboTax software ensures we can contact you in the unlikely event of a program issue that affects your taxes, for example, a calculation error.

When you register, you can specify your contact preferences at the bottom of the registration screen. We respect your privacy, and the info you provide is only used to register your software. We do not rent, sell or share your personal information with anyone outside of Intuit for their marketing use. See our privacy policy."

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing