Solved: I had no NOL in 2016 yet TT automatically filled in a number for it in 2017. Where do I find justification?

I had no NOL in 2016 yet TT automatically filled in a number for it in 2017. Where do I find justification?

TT may have made mistake? I can't find any carryover in my 2016 TT forms. I had a refund in 2016 but no losses to carryover anywhere. Now in 2017 TT is asking me to explain the prior carryover. I can't.  Any suggestions?

Go to Forms in the upper right and tell me what line the $$ amount is entered in the return. then right click on the amount to do to the Data Souce, and this helps in determining where the amount is coming from.

Exactly what you were able to do, as mentioned in the comments.  Great!  

Can you go to Forms in the upper right and tell me what line the $$ amount is entered in the return, as I do not think this is an NOL.  Let me know and I can help.

Here is what the Review says, "Form 1040 Line 21, Other Income Statement 7" and it goes on to identify it as an NOL Carryforward. Then I'm asked to explain it and I'm at a loss. I agree that it's not an NOL.

I am at a loss then why it is there.  Open that "other income statement 7" in the Forms mode and then if it is not accurate, delete that Form, which is at the bottom the screen when the Form is open.

Good solution, thanks.

MichaelL1, I solved it. the NOL Carryforward was from a K1 from an estate settlement. Unfortunately, TT didn't seem to link the two together, working it backwards from 1040, Line 21. It turned out to be a legit value after I stumbled onto the source.

Great news!!  That is what is really nice when you right click you can find the source of the entry.  I am posting a very short answer so others know this is taken care and does not show as an unanswered question.  Thank you for your patience today and for using TurboTax.

When the Data Source came up initially, it was empty. As I reviewed the return prior to filing, I noticed the K1 with the exact $amount and looked at the D code on the K1; Carryover, bingo. From there, it all made sense. I then went back and manually filled in the explanation for the Line 21 Carryover.
Thanks again for your help.