turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had a billing error by accidentally paying for turbotax deluxe. Am I able to change to the pay with refund option instead of pay with credit card?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I had a billing error by accidentally paying for turbotax deluxe. Am I able to change to the pay with refund option instead of pay with credit card?

Can not change

The fee to pay with refund is $40

I have filed my Federal return did not want to file my state return, but was charged $39.99 twice!  I ame requesting refund of price of state return as I have already spoken to someone in customer service. Thank you for your assistance.

Once paid the online program fee usually isn't refunded but you have to talk to TT support for any billing issues and see if they will budge on their polity  ... next time do NOT complete a state return and you will not get hit with a state fee.   Just saying you will not efile the state at the end doesn't remove the fee ... and in the future do not pay for anything you do not want.   If you had asked here first or called TT support you would have gotten the same advice ... simply delete the unwanted state return.  That fee was for the use of the program to complete a state return (which you can print and mail) and not to just efile it.

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours.  If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Submit your question/problem during business hours and then use the option for Call (a phone number will be provided for Call) to speak directly with a TurboTax agent –

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies