turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a discount for turbotax through amex. When I try to purchase it, the price on "File" doesn't reflect that discount and I'm being charged $20 more. How can I fix it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I got a discount for turbotax through amex. When I try to purchase it, the price on "File" doesn't reflect that discount and I'm being charged $20 more. How can I fix it?

See the TurboTax FAQ below that will explain how to both access the discount and a possible solution if you are not receiving the discount.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4652791

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

See the TurboTax FAQ below that will explain how to both access the discount and a possible solution if you are not receiving the discount.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4652791

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much. I also had to delete the other affiliate's cookie (not just intuit ones) to get it to work. but it worked!!! thanks 🙂
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Hallelujah!!  Glad it helped!

Tried it all. Went through AMEX as directed. Did the premier return. Order #TTWC31051665.  Does not work
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@610westminster Did you also allow cookies as suggested at the end of the FAQ?'

I have no other suggestions at this point.  Please contact TurboTax Customer Support during business hours.  Use the info linked below for contact info.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>
monashen

I had a similar issue with the Amex discount not being applied, I called Intuit and got the discount refunded.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Thank you, @monashen, for posting back!  Good info!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies