ohmichea

I got a 1099 MISC and my name is wrong. For some reason they used my maiden last name instead of my married last name. Everything else is correct. Can I still use it?

ErinH

That doesn't matter as long as your Social Security number is correct. What matters is that you use the same name to file your return that the Social Security Administration (SSA) currently has on file on your tax forms. So if you have already changed to your married name with the SSA, you file under your married name and the maiden name on the 1099-MISC is not a problem. 

ErinH

ohmichea

Thank you!
ErinH

You're welcome!