thixotropical

I get paid as an independent contractor using my name not my business name is this considered personal or business income? How do I file this income?

I work as a massage therapist and have my own business name, but I also work for another massage company and get paid as an independent contractor using my personal name not my business name. Would my income as an IC be considered business income or personal? What is the proper way to file this income?

cameaf

It would be considered business/self-employment income. You would file this income on Schedule C the same way as you treat the income received in your business name (as long as your business in Sole-Proprietor or LLC). 

If you have self-employment income, follow the steps below to enter your income. 

• Type “1099-misc” in the search box (located in the upper right hand corner)
  • Select the “Jump to 1099-MISC” link.
  • This will take you to the 1099-MISC screen.
  • Enter the information from your 1099

cameaf

• Select the “Jump to 1099-MISC” link.
  • Enter the information from your 1099