momoffour77

I filed my taxes already but am worried about the head of household deduction. i am single with 4 kids but live in my boyfriends home. how do we do this?

I pay for my kids and my stuff. He pays for his stuff. I do contribute to half of the house payment, utilities, etc.

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Head of Household is a filing status, not a deduction.  To qualify:

• You must be single or, for the entire last 1/2 of the year, lived apart from your spouse.
  • You have a qualifying dependent living with you for more than 1/2 of the year that you provide more than 1/2 of the cost of maintaining a residence for. The qualifying relative must be an actual close relative (such as your kids.)

bwa
Alumni
Alumni