• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user268033

I filed my tax return and the federal and state didn't accept my return. I am refiling again and Turbotax said that it won't charge me twice. So how does that work?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JessicaG

I filed my tax return and the federal and state didn't accept my return. I am refiling again and Turbotax said that it won't charge me twice. So how does that work?

The fees you pay TurboTax are for preparation of your returns only.  E-filing is not a separate fee you need to pay.  If your returns are rejected, you can fix whatever is necessary without worrying about having to pay again.

You can attempt to e-file up to five times with the online software.  Afterwards, you will need to file by mail.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JessicaG

The fees you pay TurboTax are for preparation of your returns only.  E-filing is not a separate fee you need to pay.  If your returns are rejected, you can fix whatever is necessary without worrying about having to pay again.

You can attempt to e-file up to five times with the online software.  Afterwards, you will need to file by mail.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v