I filed my federal tax return with cryptocurrency ...

I filed my federal tax return with cryptocurrency trading data upload thru TurboTax. But I marked "No" to the new IRS question about virtual currency. How to correct it?

This new IRS question is on Schedule 1, so you will definitely want to correct it. You will need to amend your return to correct this. Here's how:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2019 and then Amend (change) return.
    • If you only see the option to amend 2018 or earlier, it's because you can't amend an unfiled 2019 return. Instead, just select Pick up where you left off, make your changes, and disregard the rest of these instructions.
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  5. When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return as amendments can't be e-filed.