Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed a return in 2019 using turbotax business offline software. It was flagged for identity verification. I don't have the 1040 I cant verify. How do I find that file?

I need to get a copy of the 1040 from 2019 filed using desktop software. I no longer have access to the laptop used or the email address used.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I filed a return in 2019 using turbotax business offline software. It was flagged for identity verification. I don't have the 1040 I cant verify. How do I find that file?

If you used desktop software downloaded/installed from a CD to your own computer, then the tax files are stored locally on your own hard drive or any backup device you used like a flash drive.  They are not stored online.  If you cannot recover them due to a hard drive failure, etc. you can get a free transcript from the IRS or for a fee of $43, an actual copy of your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

And.....2019?   Why have you waited until 2024 to try and resolve the problem?  You are too late to receive a refund for a 2019 return.   If the IRS requested that you verify your identity and you have waited until now, that refund has been forfeited.   The IRS will not pay a 2019 refund now.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I waited because l was in prison. The return was never fully processed so I cannot get a transcript. The IRS told me that I would be able to get it processed once I was released and had a copy, that turbo tax is supposed to keep because it was e-filed through them. I am asking how to get the copy from turbo tax.

@mazeo2023-gmail- 

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2023 online tax return by entering some personal information then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies