Yes, Turbo Tax can help you file this correctly! As a member of a Native-American Tribe, you are exempt from the penalty requiring most citizens to carry health insurance.
To enter the exemption in TurboTax, take the following steps:
1. Enter your return with your username and password and click Take Me to My Return.
2. Click on the Federal link on the left side of the screen.
3. Click on Health Insurance at the top of the screen.
4. Select the option that describes your family’s health insurance and click on Continue
5. Scroll down to Wasn’t required to get insurance and check the box by Indian Tribe member…
6. Select Continue and then answer the questions on you and your family members’ situations
You will be exempted from any penalty. At the end of this answer, you will see a screenshot that you may click on which shows you the key selections in TurboTax. (Please note: the links in the screenshot are only live from your TurboTax account)
In addition, if you still need to file a 2015 return, here are instructions on how you may do so: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301770
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"