Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

don9211

I failed to pay estimated taxes for 2018. If I use Turbo Tax again, will the program calculate interest and penalties I may owe?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I failed to pay estimated taxes for 2018. If I use Turbo Tax again, will the program calculate interest and penalties I may owe?

Yes, TurboTax will calculate any underpayment penalty that you may owe on your 2018 return.  It will appear on Line 23 on Form 1040 this year.  

If you are asking because you don't want TurboTax to calculate this penalty, then you can go through the interview section for Underpayment Penalty and there is an option to remove the penalty and have the IRS calculate the penalty instead (they will send you a bill for it).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, TurboTax will calculate any underpayment penalty that you may owe on your 2018 return.  It will appear on Line 23 on Form 1040 this year.  

If you are asking because you don't want TurboTax to calculate this penalty, then you can go through the interview section for Underpayment Penalty and there is an option to remove the penalty and have the IRS calculate the penalty instead (they will send you a bill for it).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies