lorijmorrison

I exercised stock options, and the gains are included in my W2. Do I still need to enter the exercise information on the 1099-B?

RichardG

Yes.  You have two reportable events here.  First, the vesting of the options, which is ordinary income reported on your W-2.  Second, the sale of the stock, which is reported on your Form 1099-B.  The key is to adjust your basis in the stock, if necessary, so that it equals the amount of ordinary income reported on your W-2 for the vesting.  The result will be no gain, or often a small loss due to trading fees, on the subsequent sale.

Please follow this link for more information.  Stock Options

RichardG

culver_vanessa

You should receive a supplemental statement from the broker with an adjusted cost basis. Enter this amount as the “corrected cost basis” under the manual entry of ‘I have additional information’ section. The total gain/loss should be minimal and reflect the same as shown on the supplemental statement.