Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I entered my "Tax Prep Fees" that I pay for TurboTax on that section in "Expenses." But now I'm seeing "TaxPrepFees" again in "Other deductions." Should I enter it again?

Or do I have to delete it from the "Expenses" section and enter it on the "Other Deductions and Credits" sectión? Does it matter? I am filing as a Self-Employed LLC owner.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanO

I entered my "Tax Prep Fees" that I pay for TurboTax on that section in "Expenses." But now I'm seeing "TaxPrepFees" again in "Other deductions." Should I enter it again?

Just report it in Expenses and this will be a full business deduction as opposed to a Schedule A itemized deduction.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanO

Just report it in Expenses and this will be a full business deduction as opposed to a Schedule A itemized deduction.

A live expert recommended me to enter both amounts again on "Other Deductions and Credits" and I'm a little confused. Does it matter? Could I be in trouble for entering those amounts both in the "Expenses" section and in the "Other Deduction and Credits" section?

Only enter anything in only one place.  Only enter it once.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies