Solved: I entered my "Tax Prep Fees" that I pay for TurboTax on that section in "Expenses." But now I'm seeing "TaxPrepFees" again in "Other deductions." Should I enter it again?

miclase2016

I entered my "Tax Prep Fees" that I pay for TurboTax on that section in "Expenses." But now I'm seeing "TaxPrepFees" again in "Other deductions." Should I enter it again?

Or do I have to delete it from the "Expenses" section and enter it on the "Other Deductions and Credits" sectión? Does it matter? I am filing as a Self-Employed LLC owner.

DanO

Just report it in Expenses and this will be a full business deduction as opposed to a Schedule A itemized deduction.

DanO

miclase2016

A live expert recommended me to enter both amounts again on "Other Deductions and Credits" and I'm a little confused. Does it matter? Could I be in trouble for entering those amounts both in the "Expenses" section and in the "Other Deduction and Credits" section?

Only enter anything in only one place.  Only enter it once.