Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I entered box 14 info that is on my w2 and I want to know if I enter the Coronavirus Wage Report as an additional box 14 line with the info provided on that paper?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I entered box 14 info that is on my w2 and I want to know if I enter the Coronavirus Wage Report as an additional box 14 line with the info provided on that paper?

Yes, that is correct. When entering your W-2 information, the program provides a list of items to choose from when entering the information, you get in Box 14. The items in the list are ones that will get reported and can affect your return. In most cases, the information that your employer lists in Box 14 of your W-2 does not affect your income tax return. In fact, for many Box 14 entries, the IRS does not even provide a place for it to get reported on your return forms. They are reported to you in Box 14 simply for informational purposes.

Please Note: Because there is no standard list of codes, your employer can list any description it chooses for the items in Box 14. Even though the description in Box 14 of your W-2 may not match a selection from the drop-down menu in your account exactly, the codes may represent the same thing. We have provided the most commonly used codes and descriptions for each item in Box 14. However, what is printed in Box 14 of your W-2 may not match a description on the list. If you are unsure if the code your employer listed is the same as what is on the list in your account, please contact your employer to clarify exactly what the entry on your W-2 represents before selecting.

• If the item that is on your W-2 IS included in the list, be sure to make your selection accurately and enter the amount in the corresponding field.
  • If the entry that is printed on your W-2 IS NOT included in the list, you may select "Other (Not Listed Here)" for the Code for your Box 14 entry. If the item is not specifically included in the list on the drop-down menu for Box 14, the IRS has not provided a place or specific instructions for reporting it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies