greg-duval

I entered both my wifes and my w2's under my name in 2018 not sure how as both our names were all over the return. Any ideas? How to avoid this for 2019's return?

VictorW9

Importing your info into TurboTax is easier than ever before! You can import your info directly from over a million employers.

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select the search icon at the top of the page and search for W-2 and select the Jump to link.
  3. Select Work on my W-2 now and Continue.
  1. If you've already entered a W-2, select the Add another W-2 button.
  2. Enter your Employer Identification Number (EIN) from Box b on your W-2.
  3. If your W-2 can be imported, you'll come to the Great news! We can automatically import your W-2 info automatically screen. Provide the requested information to complete your import.

If TurboTax doesn't recognize your EIN you can use the TurboTax mobile app, you can snap a photo of your W-2 using your smart phone.

You can also manually enter your W-2. We've got instructions for TurboTax Online and the TurboTax mobile app.

Import your W-2 in TurboTax CD/Download

Requirements to successfully import your W-2 directly from your employer

greg-duval

Thanks but I did all of that and successfully filed my 2018 return it was accepted by the IRS and paid. I had someone point out to me yesterday I entered both myself and my wifes W2 for 2018 under my name only based what he saw on my 2018 filed return. Any idea how this could happen? 

VictorW9

IRS may have disregarded the error being you guys are filing joint. It will not change the bottom line of your taxes anyway.