amcclendon85

I efiled the 8332 form but did not mail it in can the noncustodial parent still file my child

For my 2016 tax returns i efiled the 8332 form but did not mail it in can the noncustodial parent still claim my child 

rjs

If you didn't give the physical signed Form 8332 to the custodial parent, he cannot claim the child. If you didn't give him the signed form, it's the same as if you never filled out the form.

The noncustodial parent has to attach the signed Form 8332 to his tax return (or mail it separately with a transmittal form). You filing the form yourself, by any means, electronic or otherwise, does not allow the noncustodial parent to claim the child.

If you filed Form 8332 with TurboTax, you did not e-file it. There is no way to e-file Form 8332 in TurboTax. You might have filled it out in TurboTax, but it did not get e-filed.

Hal_Al

You have to physically give form 8332 to the other parent. He has to mail it in, with his return (or with form 8453 , if he e-files).

You must also sign it with a pen.
amcclendon85

so does it not hold any rights since it wasn't signed or mailed ??? So he can still claim him this year ??
rjs