gcuany

I earned a small amount (<$700) with no taxes withheld from a second job but did not receive a W-2 or 1099-MISC. Do I have to claim the income?

I make an average amount with taxes withheld on my primary job. I am getting mixed answers to this question. Some people say report all income; others say that if earnings are small, no taxes withheld, and company didn't send W-2 or 1099 (which means they didn't report those earnings to the IRS???), then no need to report.

KarenJ

You are required to report all your income earned or received during the tax year on your US tax return.  You will need to report the income as self-employment income as you did not work as an employee and did not receive a W-2 for this income.  Just because you did not receive a tax form for this income, does not mean that you do not have to report the income.