Solved: I E-filed my return using TT. I owed amt to IRS and selected the amt to be deducted frm my bank account. As I downloaded return, it asks to send 4 checks to IRS. Why so?

I E-filed my return using TT. I owed amt to IRS and selected the amt to be deducted frm my bank account. As I downloaded return, it asks to send 4 checks to IRS. Why so?

The method you chose to pay the federal taxes owed will be shown on the Electronic Filing Instructions for the federal tax return.  The instructions page will be included in the PDF you download from Print Center.

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  See screenshot

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.

The Forms 1040-ES are for paying estimated taxes for 2019 not for 2018 taxes owed.  The 2019 estimated tax forms are for your use only to do with as you wish, they are not reported to the IRS.

Thanks a lot for your reply. You are correct this is 1040-ES. Where can I check which mode was selected to pay the money to IRS? I am not able to find this information in downloaded return.... Really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much for your quick help. This was very very helpful. Really appreciate your time.