Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I drove for 2 months in 2018 with Uber and Lyft but didn't make enough to get any tax forms, only a summary. Do I still have to file a certain way?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I drove for 2 months in 2018 with Uber and Lyft but didn't make enough to get any tax forms, only a summary. Do I still have to file a certain way?

You can include the income you earned from Uber and Lyft on your personal tax return.  The income and expenses will be recorded on Schedule C.

You may need to upgrade your version of TurboTax to one that includes Schedule C (Deluxe or above), plus if you have expenses you want to enter to offset your Uber and Lyft income, you would need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed (Online) or TurboTax Home & Business (CD/Download).

Here are the steps to enter your Uber & Lyft income in TurboTax:

If your self-employment income was only from cash, personal checks, or credit card payments:

Type Schedule C in the Search box and then select the Jump to link. This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment. You may first be asked some general questions about your business. After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Let's enter the income for (your line of work) screen where you can enter this income as Other self-employed Income.  See the sample screenshot attached.

And here is information on entering your business expenses, if you choose to do so:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

You can include the income you earned from Uber and Lyft on your personal tax return.  The income and expenses will be recorded on Schedule C.

You may need to upgrade your version of TurboTax to one that includes Schedule C (Deluxe or above), plus if you have expenses you want to enter to offset your Uber and Lyft income, you would need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed (Online) or TurboTax Home & Business (CD/Download).

Here are the steps to enter your Uber & Lyft income in TurboTax:

If your self-employment income was only from cash, personal checks, or credit card payments:

Type Schedule C in the Search box and then select the Jump to link. This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment. You may first be asked some general questions about your business. After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Let's enter the income for (your line of work) screen where you can enter this income as Other self-employed Income.  See the sample screenshot attached.

And here is information on entering your business expenses, if you choose to do so:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies