I dont understand why I paid you $100 this year, a...

mjrichmo

I dont understand why I paid you $100 this year, and that i've been a loyal customer for a decade and you're software is getting my federal return rejected. unacceptable.

LinaJ2020

TurboTax is not the one rejected your return.  It's the IRS that rejected your return.  We do not have control over it, unfortunately.  

What is the rejection code?  Please write back so that I can assist you further. 

In the meantime, I am sending you instructions on how to fix your return.  Please click here: Fix a reject

mjrichmo

Federal return rejectionYour tax return is on hold pending ongoing updates to calculations on Form 8936, Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit. We plan to have the updates to the form done on February 20th, 2019.Reject Code FDI_8936_EVCredit_Er

jzilla

I had the same issue. If you look on the printout/pdf of the tax forms Turbo Tax is calculating the amounts wrong on the worksheet part of Form 8936 - I put in the 50% amount, then their system filled in the rest - but it showed the $3,850 amount, then 50% of that, and then in the worksheet total ended up with $3,850. In real life the worksheet numbers don't really matter - the total amount is what matters, but when submitting it online the automated system will look at everything and that's probably why the form was flagged. 

mjrichmo

I like how @LinaJ2020 responded within 5 minutes of the post to say that it wasn't turbotax's fault in BOLD. Then disappears when it's obvious that turbotax had a fault in their software. 

jcoophoff

TT is the problem, not the IRS.   TT need to get their act together and update Form 8936 so it works.  I've now been rejected TWICE, the second time being today when TT said Form 8936 would be fixed by.

We need to all abandon TT and use H&R Block or some other program.  

dvd3737

the new updated form is only giving me 475 dollars was suppose to get 1875 for my model 3 doesn't make sense, first time was correct before i was rejected. 

RWO76

I got the same code FDI_8936_EVCredit_Er. Turbotax is calculating it wrong and the walkthrough is kind of misleading. Im supposed to get half of the $7500 federal credit. I have enough tax liability to get the full $3750. Turbotax takes off 50% automatically (in my case) down to $3750 . Which is correct for my vehicle, but calculates off the already 50% phaseout again reducing it down to $1875. Yes you can manually change it to $7500 but the IRS will still reject it. As evidence of about 20min again it was rejected a 2nd time. I guess they still havent fixed the form. You can sign up here for more information and when the next fix comes:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/form-8936-qualified-plug-in-elec[product key remov...

gangasaniharish

I have the same issue with TT. I got rejected twice "Reject Code FDI_8936_EVCredit_Er". I am supposed to get $1875 for my model 3. Form 8936 line 4a shows $1875, line 4b shows 25% and 4c tentative credit shows $1875. I can't understand what went wrong. And the option to "fix the return" is not doing anything but filing with the same form. 

dvd3737

I switched mines to 7500 and then after the calculations it went back to 1875 on its own which is correct and TT said I got 1875 , and the IRS accepted. 

rubireeser

Doing the same thing to me too. I am ready to take my stuff to H&R block.

rubireeser

TT is the problem, once again.

I just filed with TaxSlayer. Give them a try...cheaper than TT, too! Worked for me and got the right refund amount.

jcoophoff

Finally was fixed later in the day today.  Some instructions from another thread are copied below.

I deleted my entire Form 8936, but I did not clear my cache and cookies, and after re-entering my car data, it finally worked.

The fact that we had to wait so long to get this fixed is unacceptable.

“TurboTax has released an update to Form 8936.  Follow these steps to insure that TurboTax is using the updated Form 8936. 

• Clear your browser's cookies and cache 

• Delete Form 8936  

• Enter your vehicle information on Form 8936 “

cmcala01

It is now February 20th and I still cannot file my taxes.  When will the form be available?  I have used turbotax since 2003 and this will be my last year.  

jzilla

I called and was told tomorrow, February 21st it will be updated. It won't let me share the link but inset the form info into the caps text to access the link to be emailed when the form is corrected.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/INSERT TEXT BELOW HERE/00/1147839 

form-8936-qualified-plug-in-elec[product key removed]-vehicle-credit-is-not-calculating-correctly