turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I dont understand why I paid you $100 this year, and that i've been a loyal customer for a decade and you're software is getting my federal return rejected. unacceptable.

The fix for Form 8936 was included in today's release.  As insurance, delete Form 8936 and reenter it.  It should go through then.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jdravis31

I dont understand why I paid you $100 this year, and that i've been a loyal customer for a decade and you're software is getting my federal return rejected. unacceptable.

I had the same issue, been rejected Twice now!  I resubmitted again on the 19th, because the software let me re eFile and the amounts were all correct at the time of filing.  Granted it was a day before they said the form would be "fixed" BUT if the form was not yet fixed on the 19th WHY did the software allow me to refile?  They aren't taking any responsibility for this and blaming the IRS.  I have been a customer for ~10 years and this is the worst customer service I have ever seen.  Blaming the IRS for the short comings of your own software, unacceptable.

I can also confirm that as of 2-20-20 if you delete your cookies, delete form 8936 and login into the deductions section and complete form 8936 that the form seems to populate correctly now. I was rejected 2 times from the IRS and the 3rd time it got accepted. I am really disappointed as a 9 yr user of Turbotax that whoever did the calculations on these forms did such a POOR POOR job on execution. This has caused so many delays for tax filers who may really need this credit.  There is no excuse for it being almost to March and the form was barely fixed. You really alienated some long time users of TT!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies