Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I dont remember what agreement i made about paying the taxes i owed. How can i check to see if it will be automatically deducted or if i need to mail payment

I owe federal taxes. How is it taken out?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SharonD007
Expert Alumni

I dont remember what agreement i made about paying the taxes i owed. How can i check to see if it will be automatically deducted or if i need to mail payment

You can review your PDF copy or printout of your tax return to find out how you choose to pay your taxes. Look for the cover sheets for both your federal return and your state return. You will see the option that you choose to pay:

• If you choose to pay by mail, then you will need to mail in a check. 
  • If you choose to pay by credit card, it will be processed. 
  • If you choose debit from your bank account, the IRS and debit your account when they process your return information. 

If you also have a balance due, please review the TurboTax article What are my options for getting my state refund or for paying any state taxes I owe?

If your balance due is more than you can pay now, you can also request an Installment Agreement, Form 9465. Since you have already filed your tax return, please refer to the IRS website Apply Online for a Payment Plan.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies