Other income taxes include most federal, state and local taxes paid. This includes:
- Taxes paid with your 2015 state and local returns, including with an extension, amended return, or through an installment plan
- Federal, state and local taxes withheld on your W-2 or other state withholdings during 2016. We automatically take state and local taxes as a deduction when you enter or import your W-2 information.
- State and local taxes you paid with your 2015 or prior year return. For example, you were audited or you recently filed a 2014 or prior year state or local return for the first time.
- 2015 federal, state and local tax refunds that you applied to your federal, state or local 2016 taxes owed
- Taxes you paid with your federal 2015 extension, state or local extension for 2015
- State and local taxes that were withheld during 2016 but not reported on Form W-2, 1099, W-2G, etc. For example, state and local taxes that were withheld when you completed a real estate transaction.
NOTE: In turbo Tax, you may have a number next to the "Other income Taxes" line displayed as a blue link. Please select it, it will provide you with details as to where that number came from. Also, once you are ready to print, there is a worksheet that shows what 'Other income Taxes' includes.
"NOTE: In turbo Tax, you may have a number next to the "Other income Taxes" line displayed as a blue link. Please select it, it will provide you with details as to where that number came from. "
The blue link is broken for me. It doesn't register when I click it. But so are several of the blue links of the "Learn More" type. Some work, some don't ("This content is not available.") Maybe because I'm using IRS Free File. But the product seems incomplete. In fact I just tested it and all the blue links showing amounts are unresponsive.